Happy Friday y'all!! Do you guys have big plans? We are headed back home to see our families and celebrate some special birthdays. My precious niece and nephew are turning seven and my main man is turning another year younger :) Haha, no really, that's how he prefers to look at it!
Now you guys know I have talked about blazers a good bit on here. I love them and think they give such a polished look to any outfit. I love that you can dress them up or down. When I spotted this Chelsea28 one at Nordstrom I knew I had to have it. Plus, it was hot pink and that in itself made me love it a little more.
Hope you are all having a great week so far! I can't believe it's almost the weekend already! I feel like my brain is about to explode so I figure it needs to be dumped. Haha, that was really corny, I know.
* Both Taylor and Carson are really into to Halloween this year. I secretly love it too and as a kid I remember it being one of my favorites. I mean, what's not to love about getting to dress up and receiving all your favorite candy?
I picked up a few new Halloween books this year and we are having so much fun reading them at night with the kids. I found them all at TJ Maxx along with this precious costume for Taylor. I just couldn't get on board with the fairy, she looked way too old, plus it was little big on her. She LOVES the bumble bee and actually wore it around the store the entire time we shopped singing the bumble bee song. I love hearing her little voice sing this, if you aren't familiar with the song here are the words.
* Speaking of dressing up I discovered this little gem last week. Todd said he would try to build one for the kids soon. How fun is this going to be for all their dress up clothes and costumes.
* All you Charleston ladies, you do not want to miss the Mosaic trunk show that is coming here this Sunday! Leah really has some of the most amazing pieces I have ever seen. Not to mention, she's a total sweetheart. Trust me when I say it's going to be fabulous!
* Our kitchen renovation is in full swing! We our missing half our counter tops and it's a hot mess right now:) We made a few changes and decided to drop our bar to counter level. I think it's going to make the kitchen look bigger and overall just a better look. That being said, it looks like I will be selling my new bar stools. I found the same ones in counter height here, but I really hate to pay this price considering I payed $70.00 apiece for the others. Here are a few other options I am considering and I would love to hear which ones you like best.
* Going on with the kitchen updates, I am thinking about installing a pendant light above the sink. I am not 100% on this idea because I am just not sure how it's going to look with the wall in front of it? Here is what it looks like right now.
Here are a few options that I am thinking about and I would love your opinion on this as well ;)
We had a lovely weekend filled with friends and lots of family time. Always my favorite kind of weekend!
We had a pool birthday party Saturday morning complete with hot now Krispy Kreme doughnuts! I stayed strong and only had one bite of Taylor's and man it was hard to stop, but that was all I had. My sweet friend Lauren also had these precious little cookies as party favors. I mean how cute are these?
My little man has come so far in the water this year and I am so very proud of him!
Then, Saturday evening we had a gender reveal party for some of our great friends! I know I threw some of you off with my Instagram post, so for the record, I am NOT pregnant. Haha! It was such a fun and cute party and I could not be happier for our friends. They are going to make the best parents ever.
Can't wait to snuggle this sweet little guy when he gets here. And look at my beautiful friend just glowing with her tiny bump.
Last, here's my favorite salad recipe. I could literally eat this every single day!
It's so easy to make too.
1 can of black beans. Rinsed and drained.
2 or 3 ears of fresh corn
Half of an onion
1 or 2 large tomatoes
A small hand full of cilantro
Salt and cracked pepper
Mix the first 6 ingredients together and then squeeze the lemon over top and add salt and pepper to taste. Let refrigerate for at least an hour and enjoy!
The thing that I think makes this salad so delicious is to sauté the corn in olive oil for about 10 minutes. All you do is cut the corn off the ear and toss it in a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. It smells like buttered popcorn while cooking, so yummy.